Sunday, October 26, 2014

Sunday slowdown.

Sundays are by far, my favorite day of the week.  There is such a gentle calm that overlays the day, as if time has stopped for a bit.  We all can breathe a little easier.  You find you have an extra hour or two to pick up that novel you've been wanting to read, a few extra dollars to treat yourself to an iced coffee, or perhaps an afternoon nap with no responsibilities.  Whatever the indulgence is, Sunday gives us all (and me especially) the permission that we seek throughout the week to just sloooow down.

My Sundays consist of stocking up on produce via the Farmer's Market, quieting my mind with a neighborhood run or yoga practice, and catching the latest episode of Super Soul Sunday where I can fill my spiritual tank for the week ahead.  If you haven't heard of this show, I urge you to get your favorite tea, a blanket (if you're anywhere else but LA) and get cozy for an hour.  Oprah sits down with writers, teachers, actors (sometimes under her beautiful Oak trees) and they share a conversation about life and living with an open heart and spirit.  The episode usually ends with a sweet, light-hearted short film that encapsulates the episode.  I actually got the honor to be in one of these videos, and it was by far one of the best days I've experienced.  If you're feeling like you need a little love, check it out here.

Some of the lessons I've been focusing on is living with more grace, and opening myself up to allow more love into my life.  Not to be confused with romantic love (although it does play a part), but rather unconditional love.  The kind of love we all have access to, yet close off when enduring difficult times.  Some of the questions I ask myself daily : How can I deepen my practice of self-love? How can I love the people I'm surrounded by? How can I allow more light and love into my daily practice of living in the moment? I invite you to look at the areas of your life that could use a little love.  After all, that's what we really want, isn't it?

Happy Sunday ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment